How to unlock your phone if you forgot your password? Phone lock is a necessary function that allows each user to protect their personal data, files, documents and money from third parties. The development of modern technologies allows you to have close access to the smartphone in several ways, by entering a security code, pattern key, fingerprint, or by scanning the face.
Unlocking the device using your face or fingerprint is the most modern, convenient and secure way to activate your smartphone, but in the event that the device does not have this option or is broken, you will need to enter a set of numbers, smartphones from some manufacturers regularly ask for a password after a restart phone or every 72 hours. Therefore, if the user forgets the required character set, he will not be able to unlock the device.
In this case, a quite logical question arises: how to unlock the phone if you forgot the password? The main thing, in this case, is not to despair, because there will always be a way out. There are several ways to activate your smartphone, we will talk about the most popular and effective in this article on our website Free kick.
Activate your smartphone using Smart Lock
Many users ask the question: how to unlock the phone if you forgot the pattern key or secret code? At the same time, smartphone owners do not know that their device is equipped with the Smart Lock function. This option is set during the initial security settings when the user sets a password or pattern key. Smart Lock provides the option to activate the phone in an alternative way:
- Pairing with Trusted Devices.
- Move the smartphone to a “safe place”.
- Unlock the device by face.
If you select a family member’s smartphone or a Bluetooth accessory as your trusted device when you set up your phone, you need to place it next to the blocked device to pair after a while, the phone is activated.
If it is tied to a specific area (it could be an apartment, an office, a house, etc.), you need to move the smartphone there to unlock it. Some device models offer face recognition as an alternative to entering a password. This will allow you to quickly unlock the phone if it has forgotten User pattern key or password.
How to open a Google account on the phone
If you have difficulty entering a PIN or pattern key on a smartphone running Android Lollipop 5.0 and earlier, there is another way to activate the phone. , it is necessary to make 5 attempts to enter the password in a row, after which the inscription: “Forgot your password?” It will appear, by clicking on it, you will get a chance to recover the PIN with your Google account.
How to unlock the phone if you forgot the pattern key
Another way to unlock your phone if you forgot the password or pattern key, is to reset the smartphone settings to factory values, it should be used as a last resort if none of the above helps as a result of this procedure, the problem of unlocking the smartphone should be resolved, but in the same At that time, all files, photos and app data in the device’s internal memory will be deleted.
To restore the factory settings of the smartphone, you need to perform several steps:
- Turn off the phone and remove the SD card This is necessary in order to save all the data stored on it.
- Turn on the smartphone and press the required combination of buttons to call up the service menu.
- Phones from different manufacturers may have different ways to activate it.
- Often this is Simultaneous pressing of the power button and volume up or down.
If it is not possible to call the menu in this way, then you should look at the documentation for the smartphone and find out how to do it.
- In the system window that opens, you need to select the item “Recovery”, then “Wipe data / factory reset” and click “Yes”.
- After resetting the settings and restarting the phone, you will get full access to the device and will be able to reset the password or pattern key.
How to unlock a Samsung phone
- In addition to the general methods of unlocking a smartphone, the devices of some manufacturers have special programs that allow you to solve this problem. Samsung has developed the Find My Mobile program. This application must be installed on a computer or laptop and the phone must be linked to it.
- Through the simple and intuitive menu of this program, you can select a smartphone and reset the password, pattern key or fingerprint at the same time, the device must support this service and be connected to the Internet.
How to unlock your iPhone if you forgot the password
iPhone owners also have the option to reset passwords on their devices, but for iOS smartphones, this can only be done by restoring factory settings. After that, all files, contacts, messages, purchase data and apps will be deleted from the internal memory, but If you have an iPhone backup, it will not be difficult to restore it.
You can reset your iPhone to factory settings using two services:
To perform this procedure you need to connect the iPhone to the computer, launch one of the two applications on the computer and select the desired application in the list of devices, then you must click on the smartphone icon and in the window that opens, click on the “Erase iPhone” button, after that, following the text prompts, you will By removing the password and all these devices quickly.
We have described the most popular ways to unlock your phone if you forgot your password or pattern key It is very important that you always have a backup of your smartphone stored on a cloud service, then you can unlock it without losing your data and personal files.
#unlock #oppo #phone #forgot #password